You can receive notifications on your watch when you get an email to your Gmail account. Before you begin, make sure you have set up your ConnecteDevice account from the COOKOO app (click here to learn how).
Here's how to set up Gmail forwarding and notifications:
- Log in to your Gmail account (https://mail.google.com).
- Click on the gear icon in the upper-right side of the screen and select "Settings" from the menu.
- At the top of the Settings page, click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP."
- Click the button to "Add a forwarding address" and enter your ConnecteDevice email token as the forwarding address. (Click here to learn how to find your email token.)
- Click Next and then Proceed to confirm your forwarding address.
- A verification mail will be sent to your Gmail account; locate this email and click on the link to enable forwarding to your token address.
- Go back to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" settings for your Gmail account. In the fowarding section, click the button to "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" (ensure your token address is displayed) and "keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox."
- Click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page.
Once this is done, you will begin to receive email notifications for your Gmail account on your watch when it is connected to your phone.
Note: It is important that you make sure the option to "keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox" is selected when you set up forwarding.
Did you know you can use filters to only forward your most important messages to your watch? Instead of forwarding all of your email to your token address, you can use Gmail filters to select exactly what messages you want to be notified of on your watch. Click here to learn more.